develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2019

Re: Update: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]

From:
Andreas Koenig
Date:
October 15, 2019 05:48
Re: Update: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]
Message ID:
87lftm7e5k.fsf@k85.linux.bogus

 >> - pseudo messages by the RT system missing, e.g. "Mon, 17 Apr 2017
 >> 19:27:29 -0700 The RT System itself - Type core added"
 >> https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=131169#txn-1457090
 >> https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/15964
 >> https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=134023#txn-1625493
 >> https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/16960

  > Each github ticket now has labels on the top right which correspond
  > to those.

These are only the results of the label assignements. The process of who
changed what when is lost that way.

 >> - attachment locale_t_crash.PNG not accessible
 >> https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/15449#issuecomment-541913055
 >> when I click on it I get a 401

  > The rt-archive system is being poked at right now. When I clicked on
  > it, I got a PNG. Try again?

The link on github points to
https://rt-archive.perl.org/perl5/Ticket/Attachment/1409975/761462/locale_t_crash.PNG
and this still gives me a 401.

 >> - attachment shows as separate message
 >> https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/14168#issuecomment-541875612
 >> https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=122974

  > Do you mean the inline diffs I added? That's by design. github doesn't
  > do attachments via the import API. I instead embedded the diffs if
  > they are under 64K bytes. Believe it or not we've got patches larger
  > than that.

No, I mean that the above github link points to an attachment, not a
posting. The posting itself is above the attachment as a separate
posting. Both have the same timestamp and same "From", but they are
presented as separate postings. The attachment itself is just a few
lines, so is much smaller that 64k.

--
andreas