develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2019

Re: Update: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]

From:
Todd Rinaldo
Date:
October 15, 2019 05:07
Re: Update: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]
Message ID:
CAG8vyGHi=Pbg1FZNKccGP+0eBbQ0d39stQj5X6Zu_e9MXjTR2A@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 9:40 PM Andreas Koenig
<andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:

>   > Andreas,
>   > There was a problem with my source data. I have deleted and
>   > re-imported this repo. https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues
>   > Please search for your issues again (the numbers will have changed).
>   > Your issue should be resolved now.
>
> - UTF8 error here:
>   https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=132760#txn-1527345
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/16387#issuecomment-541939820
>   https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=133943#txn-1619771
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/16906
>   https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=132760#txn-1527631
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/16387#issuecomment-541939829

Thanks. This is a side effect of the different RT attachments being
sent stored as inconsistent encodings. I've tried to work with them
but I continue to run into these. I'll take a look.

> - Dependency by ticket lost:
>   https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=132760#txn-1526629
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/16387

Once we migrate all tickets, we should be able to add the deps between
the tickets simply by referring to each other. This is not something I
can do at migration time because the tickets don't exist to do the
referring.

> - github misfeature with the html color square for each issue number
>   seen again (e.g. "[perl #134023]" displayed as "[perl #134023 ▅]":
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/303#issuecomment-541540778
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/16960#issuecomment-541954649

These are good examples to fix my anti-emoji-markdown logic. Thanks.
I'll take a look.

> - pseudo messages by the RT system missing, e.g. "Mon, 17 Apr 2017
>   19:27:29 -0700 The RT System itself - Type core added"
>   https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=131169#txn-1457090
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/15964
>   https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=134023#txn-1625493
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/16960

Each github ticket now has labels on the top right which correspond to those.

> - attachment locale_t_crash.PNG not accessible
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/15449#issuecomment-541913055
>   when I click on it I get a 401

The rt-archive system is being poked at right now. When I clicked on
it, I got a PNG. Try again?

> - attachment shows as separate message
>   https://github.com/Perl/perl5-test/issues/14168#issuecomment-541875612
>   https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=122974

Do you mean the inline diffs I added? That's by design. github doesn't
do attachments via the import API. I instead embedded the diffs if
they are under 64K bytes. Believe it or not we've got patches larger
than that.

Thanks,
Todd