develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2019

Re: [WIP-PATCH] Document the various interpreter stacks

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
September 20, 2019 16:23
Re: [WIP-PATCH] Document the various interpreter stacks
Message ID:
20190920172324.14a81a14@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 09:22:01 +1000
Tony Cook <tony@develop-help.com> wrote:

> This should mention EXTEND().

Hm. EXTEND() is already mentioned in the earlier section

  =head2 XSUBs and the Argument Stack

I wonder if I should try to combine that section with mine then?

> It might be worth mentioning PUSHSTACKi() too.

Huh, I hadn't heard of that one before. That works with the stackinfo
structures; which themselves don't actually form a stack but a linked
list. I could mention those in yet another section, though right now I
don't know an awful lot about them, having not needed to interact with
them for F-AA.

> It might be worth mentioning that mark may become invalid if the value
> stack is extended (see 57bd6600 for example.)

There doesn't appear to be a macro of the same idea as SPAGAIN to get
out of that situation though. What would the advice be in such a
situation? I can only think of the user guessing around such a
situation and doing the logic themselves

  I32 markoff = POPMARK;

  SP **mark = PL_stack_base + markoff;

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans