develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2019

[WIP-PATCH] Document the various interpreter stacks

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
September 18, 2019 15:28
Subject:
[WIP-PATCH] Document the various interpreter stacks
Message ID:
20190918162834.4d2baf3f@shy.leonerd.org.uk
As the final part of my TPF grant for Future-AsyncAwait work, I have
been writing some good detailed documentation on the research I did
about the various internal stacks within the interpreter.

I couldn't find a very good place to write it, so for now I have added
a section to perlguts.pod. Shortly before submitting this though, I
discovered there is an existing summary of a few in perlinterp.pod,
though my descriptions here go into quite a bit more detail than those.

I'd like first to have a review on the overall style and accuracy of
what I've written here, irrespective of where it will go. Once we agree
on the words to say, I shall have a go at moving/merging them into the
appropriate places, either perlguts or perlinterp.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans