develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2019

[perl #133495] perl-5.28.0 fails to build on Solaris 10

From:
mattst88@gmail.com via RT
Date:
September 11, 2019 05:24
Subject:
[perl #133495] perl-5.28.0 fails to build on Solaris 10
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-11547-1567891061-503.133495-15-0@perl.org
In the patches' commit messages I made the claim:

> Moreover, compilers are more than capable of recognizing these open-coded byte-swap patterns and emitting a bswap instruction, or an unaligned load instruction

Here's proof that GCC can do those things:

Bswap: https://godbolt.org/z/w__OsV
Unaligned store: https://godbolt.org/z/xSQm6m

Unaligned load left as an exercise to the reader :)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open