develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2019

[perl #134184] Test failure on Mac OS Catalina

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 6, 2019 00:00
Subject:
[perl #134184] Test failure on Mac OS Catalina
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-16830-1567728042-1185.134184-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 07:33:16 GMT, corwin@redhat.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I also encountered this problem on OS X version 10.14.5 (mojave)
> trying to do a perlbrew install of 5.30.0. I was able to patch the
> test to get it to pass. I would be happy to submit a patch or PR, but
> I don't know where to do so.
>
> Can someone tell me how to proceed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> corwin

The full description of how to submit a patch can be found by calling 'perldoc perlhack'.

For short ...

We prefer that you start with a git checkout of the Perl 5 core distribution.  The basic branch is called "blead".  From blead, create a new branch:

#####
git checkout -b 134184-test-failure
#####

Edit files as needed.  Do a thorough configure, build and test of your branch.

#####
sh ./Configure -des -Dusedevel && make test-harness
#####

Do a git commit of your changes.

Then, in your branch, create patch with:

#####
git format-patch HEAD^
#####

(Assuming all your changes are in one commit.)  That will create a patch in the current directory.  Respond to this email and *attach* your patch to that reply.  Please let us know if that's clear (but consult 'perlhack' when in doubt).

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---