develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2019

SAVELONG() is a macro that calls a function in mathoms

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
September 1, 2019 03:27
Subject:
SAVELONG() is a macro that calls a function in mathoms
Message ID:
8c9b602e-5b4c-e1d2-9ec8-180e939e494f@khwilliamson.com
The function was placed in mathoms by commit
2053acbf3eca3963d3a31404e10d54b0900f80ed
  Author: Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>
  Date:   Mon Feb 6 18:07:28 2006 +0000

      Move Perl_save_long, Perl_save_I16, Perl_save_I8, Perl_save_iv,
      Perl_save_nogv, Perl_save_list, Perl_save_destructor to mathoms.c
      Perl_save_svref can't actually move because it calls a static
function.

It isn't used in cpan.

Some of these were later pulled out of mathoms

Now this is the only one remaining that has an issue like this.

What to do?