develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

Re: [perl #134363] Odd warning in simple XSub (-Dusequadmath buildsonly)

From:
sisyphus
Date:
Re: [perl #134363] Odd warning in simple XSub (-Dusequadmath buildsonly)
Message ID:
CADZSBj3BPVtO9ZqcF7mWSqQk3QYo4ofjcWtDVBL2AtG3rqwBLA@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 02:14:57 GMT, tonyc wrote:

>  This addition of -Wno-format isn't used while building CPAN modules
after perl is installed though, so you see the warnings.

Yes - that explains it. If I introduce the -Wno-format switch into the
Inline::C build then the warning does not appear.
What should be done about this ?
Would it be unwise to add the -Wno-format flag to (say) ccflags, so
that modules (and Inline::C scripts) are built with it ?
Or is there a way to hide the offending "Q" from gcc ?

The warning makes me a little nervous. I've seen similar types of warnings
on Windows, where they often signify that the formatting won't be done as
intended.

Cheers,
Rob