develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

Request for documentation or should Devel::PPPort not provide someof these

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
August 20, 2019 15:48
Subject:
Request for documentation or should Devel::PPPort not provide someof these
Message ID:
222142c8-87ad-cbcf-31e3-ac3c93de5157@khwilliamson.com
Attached is a list of nearly 400 functions/macros that somebody thought
was important enough for Devel::PPPort to provide backporting for, and
which are undocumented.

If something is important enough to deserve backporting, it is important
enough to document.

Now, it may be that some of these really are backported as auxiliaries
to something else, and don't need to be mentioned as being backported.
Having documentation for these is less important.

I would be grateful for people to look at this list, and if you find
some that you know what they do, contribute a doc patch, which I will
apply (after any suitable discussion).   Or if you think an item doesn't
deserve mention, reply to this email.