develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

Perl 5.31.3 is now available!

From:
Tom Hukins
Date:
August 20, 2019 14:31
Subject:
Perl 5.31.3 is now available!
Message ID:
20190820143136.GA2259@eborcom.com
  We are born from unity, we divide into isolation.  We winnow ourselves
  out from the thing that first made sense of us and then expect to find
  meaning, yet a fraction makes no sense without the number of which
  it's a fractional part.  We see loss, feel grief, give ourselves
  illness, we're cells that have over-divided and we call the division
  growth; the only real growth is in the return to unity, God, the
  unifying principle.

  Tired to his core, he turned the video off.  The rain still poured as
  he went upstairs, and in bed as he tripped down into the deep open
  shaft of sleep he kept thinking that to divide by zero was to end up
  with infinity, as was to divide by God.  To divide by God, to divide
  by God, over and over he thought it without sense; to divide by God; I
  must tell my students that the way to pass their exams is to divide by
  God.  Then he must have slept, for it was morning.

    -- Samantha Harvey, "All Is Song"

We are glad to announce version 31.3, the fourth development release of
version 31 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.31.3 from your favorite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/TOMHUKINS/perl-5.31.3/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

 e43baca016d44d257391dc50d87835c10f10507f   perl-5.31.3.tar.gz
 00419d0de718675940865840d0510a100aad5e08   perl-5.31.3.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/TOMHUKINS/perl-5.31.3/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.31.3 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.31.2 and contains approximately 9,900 lines of changes across 230 files
from 23 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 2,800 lines of changes to 160 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.31.3:

Alexandr Savca, Andrew Fresh, Chad Granum, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dagfinn
Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan Book, David Cantrell, David Mitchell, E. Choroba,
Graham Knop, Hauke D, H.Merijn Brand, Hugo van der Sanden, James E Keenan,
Johan Vromans, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Paul Evans, Sawyer X, Steve
Hay, Tomasz Konojacki, Tom Hukins, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 31.4 on 20 September 2019.  The next major
stable release of Perl 5, version 32.0, should appear in May 2020.

Tom