develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

[perl #125423] -Dusequadmath test failures on Ubuntu 12.04 gcc 4.6

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
August 20, 2019 13:15
Subject:
[perl #125423] -Dusequadmath test failures on Ubuntu 12.04 gcc 4.6
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-13566-1566306924-606.125423-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:17:43 GMT, ilmari wrote:
> "James E Keenan via RT" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> writes:

> >> I think it would be worth adding a configure probe, along the lines
> >> of the
> >> cbrt(-3)/sqrt(inf) test program, to check whether quadmath is (at
> >> least
> >> superficially) working.  If we don't do that, the bug report will
> >> recur.
> >>
> >> -zefram
> >>

> > In blead (772a2be508732f9a1684159914cdd6a9105526cc), I see code
> > starting at line 16553 which appears to check for the presence of
> > quadmath.
> >
> > If that's correct, then how does that affect the status of this
> > ticket?
>
> That merely checks for the presence of the header, there are no tests
> for the correctness of quadruple-precision calculations.

Can anyone provide a patch for Configure that would implement the test of the correctness of quadruple-precision calculations as discussed in this ticket?

Thank you very much.
--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---