develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

Re: Perl 5.31.3 Release and Scalar-List-Utils Test Failure

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
Re: Perl 5.31.3 Release and Scalar-List-Utils Test Failure
Message ID:
20190817190528.7bca9b44@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:19:41 +0000
Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com> wrote:

> Apologies.  I messed up the subject of the previous message.  I've
> fixed it and the Cc field.
>
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 04:32:00PM +0000, Tom Hukins wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm due to release Perl 5.31.3 in 3 days, on Tuesday 20th.
> >
> > Since 96684a73b5f81ca on Monday 12th, Scalar-List-Utils fails when
> > compiled with -Duselongdouble:
> > https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=134358
> >
> > This causes lots of test failures on our smokers:
> > http://perl.develop-help.com/
> >
> > I believe these test failures aren't masking other issues, but it's
> > hard to tell.  I'd like to get rid of the failures as soon as
> > possible.
> >
> > Paul, do you plan to fix Scalar-List-Utils soon?  BinGos, as you
> > committed version 1.51 would you mind backing it out?
> >
> > (I don't yet have a commit bit myself, but should do before Tuesday)

What's the plan of attack? If there's a fix that just needs committing
shall I just do that?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans