develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

[perl #126213] Storable's tests do not run safely in parallel

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
August 6, 2019 05:37
Subject:
[perl #126213] Storable's tests do not run safely in parallel
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-29332-1565069830-1401.126213-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:42:27 -0700, ether wrote:
> I encountered this failure when installing Storable-2.51 (listed as
> blead-upstream, bugtracker=rt.perl.org in Module::CoreList) on perl
> 5.8.7 with
> HARNESS_OPTIONS=j9.
>
> Tests should be able to be run safely in parallel, by using File::Temp
> or some
> other mechanism to create unique temp files and directories.

I believe this is no longer a problem.

All tests either use a name with the pid included or a name specific to that test files (since perl 5.28/Storable 3.06).

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open