develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

[perl #50608] Storable does not store REGEXP items

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
August 6, 2019 05:10
Subject:
[perl #50608] Storable does not store REGEXP items
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-7679-1565068201-627.50608-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 01:10:45 -0700, xsawyerx@gmail.com wrote:

> On 04/04/2018 12:07 PM, slaven@rezic.de via RT wrote:
> > Dana Wed, 06 Feb 2008 23:42:33 -0800, sand@franz.ak.mind.de reče:
> >> This is a bug report for perl from sand@k75.linux.bogus,
> >> generated with the help of perlbug 1.36 running under perl 5.11.0.

> >> [Please enter your report here]
> >> use Storable; Storable::dclone qr/foo/;
> >>
> >> gives
> >>
> >> Can't store REGEXP items at -e line 1.
> >>

> >> [Please do not change anything below this line]
> > It was not really advertized, but starting with Storable 3.06 which
> > is part of perl 5.27.9 and later there's experimental regexp support
> > built in. The above code line does not fail anymore, and seems to do
> > the right thing:
> >
> > $ perl5.27.10 -e 'use Storable; use Data::Dumper; warn Dumper
> > Storable::dclone qr/foo/;'
> > $VAR1 = qr/foo/;
> >
> > Now it would be nice if there was a CPAN release of this Storable
> > version, so older perls can also use the new feature.
>
> Last CPAN release was 2014 - a long time ago. I'll work on that.
> Thanks
> for the ping, Slaven. :)

This was released to CPAN in Storable 3.08.

Closing.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open