develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

DAVEM TPF Grant#2 July 2019 report

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
August 5, 2019 10:19
Subject:
DAVEM TPF Grant#2 July 2019 report
Message ID:
20190805101925.GC2245@iabyn.com
The main thing I did last month was shrinking the size of the opslot
structure, which wraps each op when using slabs (which is most of the
time). On 64-bit platforms this saves 8 bytes per allocated op.
This work will be pushed shortly.

SUMMARY:
      3:43 RT #134275 SEGV (sv.c:16672:7) in S_find_uninit_var
      0:30 RT #134281 heap-buffer-overflow in S_variant_under_utf8_count
      2:30 look at failures under Asan: dist/threads-shared/t/clone.t
      0:30 look at failures under Asan: ext/PerlIO-encoding/t/encoding.t
      1:00 review security tickets
     15:43 shrink opslot structure
    ------
     23:56 TOTAL (HH::MM)

 302.4 weeks
3387.6 total hours
  11.2 average hours per week

There are 78 hours left on the grant

--
I took leave and went to hear Mrs Turner's daughter play on the harpsicon,
but Lord, it was enough to make any man sick to hear her; yet I was forced