develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2019

Re: Win2000 unresolved external symbol PL_lc_numeric_mutex

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
Re: Win2000 unresolved external symbol PL_lc_numeric_mutex
Message ID:
20190801102032.6fbdd82d@telaviv1.shlomifish.org
On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 21:41:49 +0100
hv@crypt.org wrote:

> I notice that smokes for:
>   MSWin32 Win2000 Professional SP4 (x86/1 cpu)
> are failing with the above missing symbol; I suspect they would have done so
> since that mutex was introduced by 49d7d366 (Feb 2018), but the earliest
> report I found for this system was http://perl.develop-help.com/raw/?id=235646
> for 22f2eee2167e (Jan 2019).
>
> I assume there's some sort of extern magic that needs to happen, but I don't
> know what that is.
>
> Hugo

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_2000 win2k was end of lifed
in 2010. Why are we still supporting it?