Re: "Damaged tar archive" for perl-5.32.2 on ftp callsfromCPANmirrors

From:
Deven T. Corzine
Date:
Re: "Damaged tar archive" for perl-5.32.2 on ftp callsfromCPANmirrors
Message ID:
CAFVdu0QitNmHEG2kYDd1wo5JsDiFZ_Oik8_vAD1XHydE5q00dA@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 9:58 AM James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com> wrote:

> 1. On github, I have created a new branch for my CPAN distro
> Perl-Download-FTP:
>
> https://github.com/jkeenan/perl-download-ftp/tree/binary
>
> In this branch, following Tony's suggestion, I have added a call to the
> Net::FTP::binary() method before each call to Net::FTP::get().  No
> changes yet in test suite or documentation, but all tests PASS including
> live network tests.

By the way, there is no need to call Net::FTP::binary() multiple times in
the same FTP session.  Once you set the session to binary type, it remains
that way until the end of the FTP session or an explicit change back to
ASCII.

Of course, if these are being retrieved separately and tearing down the FTP
session after each transfer, then you'd need to do it again next time.

Deven