Re: "Damaged tar archive" for perl-5.32.2 on ftpcallsfromCPANmirrors

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
Re: "Damaged tar archive" for perl-5.32.2 on ftpcallsfromCPANmirrors
Message ID:
20190725132524.8398.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 7/25/19 9:18 AM, sisyphus wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 4:22 PM Deven T. Corzine <deven@ties.org
> <mailto:deven@ties.org>> wrote:
>  > Tony's advice is exactly the right answer here.  Enabling binary mode
> is more than a good suggestion -- it's an essential bug fix, with
> virtually zero chance of breaking anything.  This change should fix the
> original issue.
>
> But it doesn't.
> Using Net::FTP to download a perl source tarball from mirrors.rit.edu
> <http://mirrors.rit.edu> delivers a corrupt file:
>
> $ perl ftp.pl <http://ftp.pl> mirrors.rit.edu <http://mirrors.rit.edu>
> 5.31.1 1

Could you attach your 'ftp.pl' program?  Also, note that the release I
was having problems with was 5.31.2.

[snip]

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan