[perl #134172] commit 027471cf breaks t/op/sprintf2.t on FreeBSD-11

From:
Hugo van der Sanden via RT
Date:
July 24, 2019 22:07
Subject:
[perl #134172] commit 027471cf breaks t/op/sprintf2.t on FreeBSD-11
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-7496-1564006068-1176.134172-15-0@perl.org
On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 14:18:01 -0700, jkeenan wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 20:06:30 GMT, jkeenan wrote:
> > Applying to branch for smoke testing.
>
> Smoke-test results in the branch appear satisfactory.
>
> http://perl.develop-help.com/?b=smoke-me%2Fjkeenan%2Fhv%2F134172-
> sprintf
>
> What else do we have to decide before merging this branch and closing
> this ticket?

I'd like to get some feedback, particularly from Karl and Dave; Karl has already indicated he'll try to take a look this weekend. It also looks like Tony has been looking into the same issue, I just noticed he has created a branch tonyc/134172-in-lc which may have duplicated some of the work.

Given clean smokes, I'm already pretty comfortable with the first patch; the second patch ("Avoid multiple checks of IN_LC(LC_NUMERIC)") probably needs better documentation, possibly better naming, and due consideration whether to expose the new macros as part of the API.

Hugo

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open