Re: "Damaged tar archive" for perl-5.32.2 on ftp callsfromCPANmirrors

From:
sisyphus
Date:
Re: "Damaged tar archive" for perl-5.32.2 on ftp callsfromCPANmirrors
Message ID:
CADZSBj2RMHGxvLTesiB_8GeSovh1V8tVqwGGQKsFtrE3S4qVHg@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 10:14 PM James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com> wrote:
[snip]
> So we seem to be having a problem that is a combination of this month's
tarball and Net::FTP.

I think that Net::FTP is part of the problem.
But the other part of the problem is the location from which one downloads
the file.

That is, I don't think there's any problem with this month's tarball
(perl-5.31.2.tar.gz) in particular.
If you use Net::FTP to download last month's tarball (5.31.1.tar.gz) from
mirrors.rit.edu, then I think you'll find that it, too, is corrupted.
At least, that's what I'm finding.
James, I'd be interested to know whether you see the same.

Cheers,
Rob

Cheers,
Rob