Re: Transition from RT to GitHub -- should "blead" be renamed to"master"?

From:
Dan Book
Date:
Re: Transition from RT to GitHub -- should "blead" be renamed to"master"?
Message ID:
CABMkAVVCNTjGVrRHxV6fNcB14McRdBE6=V9+W4__V8Bk8YVU=g@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 2:10 PM David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think having a "master" branch is a good idea, as an alias for the
> latest released production version.

 As I alluded earlier, I think that would be worse than no change at all.
Master branch has a specific meaning which is quite similar to how blead is
currently used, and a "master" that did something else would only confuse
things. Tags already serve as aliases for the production versions.

-Dan