[perl #134278] Environment variables with Unicode (non-ASCII) valueson Windows are not printed correctly by Perl

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
July 15, 2019 05:05
Subject:
[perl #134278] Environment variables with Unicode (non-ASCII) valueson Windows are not printed correctly by Perl
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-12476-1563167135-1966.134278-15-0@perl.org
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 21:29:09 -0700, rleelasa@mathworks.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to add to the ticket, that the issue persists in Perl 5.30.
>
> I walked through the same reproduction steps with Strawberry Perl
> v5.30.0 on my Windows host, and the result of displaying the value of
> the environment variable 'FOOBAR' is the same as seen on Perl 5.20.

In general perl uses the "ANSI" Win32 APIs, and loads the environment from the ANSI copy of the environment.

There's a number of similar issues, put together it's very non-trivial to fix :(

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open