Re: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]

From:
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Tina_M=FCller?=
Date:
Re: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.00.1907131424200.13570@perl-community.de
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019, demerphq wrote:

> I think in practice *this* is going to be one of the bigger
> challenges. We had to hack the git page to support producing the
> correct tarball with the correct contents. (Specifically we inject a
> file into the tarball that is not contained in the repository) My bet
> is that out of the box github will not be able to support our use
> case.

FWIW, for libyaml we also had to find a way to let people download
distribution tarballs.
If you build from git, you need to bootstrap. If you download the
distribution tarball, you don't.

For that, we create the tarball and put the contents into the 'dist'
branch and tag it.
So people can download the tarballs prefixed with 'dist-' here:
https://github.com/yaml/libyaml/releases

cheers,
tina