Re: Transition from RT to GitHub -- should "blead" be renamed to"master"?

From:
Deven T. Corzine
Date:
Re: Transition from RT to GitHub -- should "blead" be renamed to"master"?
Message ID:
CAFVdu0RXRcDLxpOSo+Ds_COAHVYWHQp0D81GN+LGNq02BDtqpQ@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 5:37 PM Dan Book <grinnz@gmail.com> wrote:

> While I respect the intent of cleanliness and consistency, in this case I
> think there is realistically no benefit and lots of difficult parts. As one
> example the perl-build and perlbrew tools mentioned in the other thread
> rely on the branch being called blead to start with. As long as you set the
> default branch of a repository to the one you want people to work against,
> and you don't have a random 'master' branch that isn't default, there are
> no practical issues for contributors, in my experience.

Fair enough.  I'm not lobbying for it, just bought it up in case it was
worth considering.

Deven