Re: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]

From:
Graham Knop
Date:
Re: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]
Message ID:
CAM=m89HEU4aWB9Nf+bpiHmxT2AeWw8n6-+nZHeQSAfJAU-TQzQ@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 7:23 AM Dan Book <grinnz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 6:45 PM Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Q: What else needs doing?
>>
>> A: We need to know about any existing integration with RT or perl5's
>> existing git repo. If you know of something, please let us know so it
>> can be accommodated during the migration.
>

> perl-build (https://metacpan.org/release/Perl-Build/source/script/perl-build#L67) and perlbrew (https://metacpan.org/source/App::perlbrew#L1414) both download blead snapshots when requested from https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/snapshot/blead.tar.gz - this should be forwarded to https://github.com/Perl/perl5/archive/blead.tar.gz . Perlbrew calls it from HTTP, but it uses curl/wget so a redirect to HTTPS should not cause issues.

The contents of the files are subtly different.  perl5.git.perl.org
provides tarballs with a top level directory named
perl-blead-$shortsha1, where the github tarball top level directory is
just perl-blead.  perlbrew and perl-build both require the short hash
to be present, or they will ignore the directory:
https://metacpan.org/source/App::perlbrew#L1390
https://metacpan.org/source/SKAJI/Perl-Build-1.29/lib/Perl/Build.pm#L57