Re: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]

From:
demerphq
Date:
Re: Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]
Message ID:
CANgJU+X3nKCLYtLWjvAibSYy1SkOX4oTt-dx6aL0Q11zGFeZjA@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 07:23, Dan Book <grinnz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 6:45 PM Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Q: What else needs doing?
>>
>> A: We need to know about any existing integration with RT or perl5's
>> existing git repo. If you know of something, please let us know so it
>> can be accommodated during the migration.
>

> perl-build (https://metacpan.org/release/Perl-Build/source/script/perl-build#L67) and perlbrew (https://metacpan.org/source/App::perlbrew#L1414) both download blead snapshots when requested from https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/snapshot/blead.tar.gz - this should be forwarded to https://github.com/Perl/perl5/archive/blead.tar.gz . Perlbrew calls it from HTTP, but it uses curl/wget so a redirect to HTTPS should not cause issues.

I think in practice *this* is going to be one of the bigger
challenges. We had to hack the git page to support producing the
correct tarball with the correct contents. (Specifically we inject a
file into the tarball that is not contained in the repository) My bet
is that out of the box github will not be able to support our use
case.

Yves