Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
July 8, 2019 22:45
Subject:
Transition from RT to GitHub [FAQ]
Message ID:
25a583bc-7fc8-a48c-29fa-fcf88c1216b4@gmail.com
Hi everyone,

Following are a set of common questions and their answers regarding this
change. It probably will not address every question you have, but I hope
it provides more details on the expected move.

Q: What problems will this help with?

A: Several things:

* Lack of ability to file bugs via the web.

* Bug reports being delayed or lost.

* Access control issues to bugs.

* Things that break in weird ways and nobody notices for weeks (e.g.,
data integrity).

* Spam filtering.

Q: Do you still like RT (Request Tracker)