[perl #134257] I don't understand what to do in order to submit abug about Perl

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
July 4, 2019 12:52
Subject:
[perl #134257] I don't understand what to do in order to submit abug about Perl
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-26461-1562244751-1967.134257-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 17:11:11 GMT, alex.karelas@gmail.com wrote:
> The following video describes my attempt to find a button or a link or
> an email address saying that "you can submit a bug perl this way".
>
> My attempt/search failed.

We do not currently accept bug reports via the rt.perl.org web interface.  We had to shut that feature down a couple of years ago due to the volume of spam.

To report a bug, simply send an email to:

#####
perlbug@perl.org
#####

As in all bug reports, please describe

* what you were trying to do

* what commands you issued or steps you took to achieve your goal

* what results you expected to get

* what you actually got

If you want to include code samples longer than, say, a half dozen lines, please *attach* that to your email in a *plain-text* file rather than inlining it.

It is also very helpful if you *attach* as a plain-text file the output of:

#####
perl -V
#####

... for the version of perl you were running when you encountered the problem.

After sending the email you should very quickly get an email with the ID number for your bug report in the RT system, and you should also be able to view it in the web interface at rt.perl.org.  Your email will also (hopefully) be cross-posted to the perl5-porters mailing list, but if you are a first time poster your message may be held for list moderation.

We will then do your best to help you resolve the problem.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---