Re: We plan to transition from RT to GitHub

From:
Petr Pisar
Date:
Re: We plan to transition from RT to GitHub
Message ID:
slrnqhjpvh.7c1.ppisar@dhcp-0-146.brq.redhat.com
On 2019-07-01, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:
> I'm in the same boat as Achim.  The requirement to use JS for
> registration and their terms-of-service are unnacceptable.

I also have a similar opinion. I do not agree with GitHub terms of
service (GitHub can charge you for their expenses on their lawyers
purely based on their discretion), thus I cannot use the service as
a private person because it puts me on a high risk. Fortunately a labour
law in my country protects me when I do it on a behalf of my employer,
thus I'm so far not affected.

I hope P5P considered that with a move to GitHub any contributor to Perl
will have to obey to a third-party legal documents. The documents P5P
have no control over.

-- Petr