develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2019

[perl #134062] Add log to libswanted in the Android hints file

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
May 25, 2019 14:03
Subject:
[perl #134062] Add log to libswanted in the Android hints file
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-330-1558793017-1741.134062-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 14:27:11 -0700, rich+perl@hyphen-dash-hyphen.info wrote:
> Related to the efforts in RT#133787 to build Perl on Android 8.1
> (Oreo) under the Termux app environment, there are test failures in
> the following if Android's log library isn't added to libswanted:
>
>         ../cpan/Sys-Syslog/t/00-load.t
>         ../cpan/Sys-Syslog/t/constants.t
>         ../cpan/Sys-Syslog/t/facilities-routing.t
>         ../cpan/Sys-Syslog/t/syslog.t
>
> The attached patch just adds that lib to the android hints file,
> whereupon the tests pass.
>
> There's no rush for this to be applied, it can wait until after the
> 5.30 change freeze.
>
> Regards,
> Richard

This patch no longer applies cleanly.  If you rebase it, I will apply it.
--
Karl Williamson

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new