develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2019

Re: [perl #132782] Missing SvPV* utf8/byte nomg macro variants

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
May 21, 2019 00:18
Re: [perl #132782] Missing SvPV* utf8/byte nomg macro variants
Message ID:
20190521001747.upqcfq2ccgwufqlt@mars.tony.develop-help.com
On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 01:41:30PM +0100, pali@cpan.org wrote:
> Now make test passes. There are some problems with porting/pod_rules.t
> and porting/podcheck.t but I have not touched code for those files... so
> looks like false-positive.

I don't see those tests failing here, but...

pod_rules.t checks that you've updated the build rules (and MANIFEST)
to ensure all pod files are generated correctly cross-platform.  If it
fails you've missed updating a file somewhere.

podcheck.t checks both that the POD (both included and generated) in
perl is valid and follows some other rules.  Again, if it fails,
you've either produced some invalid pod, you have a broken L<> link,
or you have some over-long verbatim lines.

Either can be run in verbose mode to see what errors were found.

The only two problems:

1) The TODO tests need to be disarmed.

op/bop.t                                                         (Wstat: 0 Tests: 514 Failed: 0)
  TODO passed:   141, 143, 146, 148
Files=2656, Tests=1220001, 815 wallclock secs (318.43 usr 18.79 sys + 2117.74 cusr 78.50 csys = 2533.46 CPU)
Result: PASS

You've added the TODO tests after the fixes, you could either remove
the TODO sets entirely, or move the test commit before the doop.c
changes and disarm the TODO sets in the doop.c commit (or a later
commit.)

2) The other problem is there's still no API tests, as I said in
https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=132782#txn-1619990

  There's no tests for the new APIs (which can go in ext/XS-APItest/)

Tony