develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

Config options d_strtod_l & d_strtold_l

From:
sisyphus
Date:
April 25, 2019 04:28
Subject:
Config options d_strtod_l & d_strtold_l
Message ID:
CADZSBj1tp9urZ2Dp_tyGge9JsB_ak71s0ELH9KFnrnSgcBPTgA@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

Previously unaware of these options, I learned of their existence while
reading https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=134031

But I can't find any C code in the perl source that actually does things
differently depending upon whether these symbols are defined or not.

I mean, I can see that defining them leads to HAS_STROD_L & HAS_STRTOLD_L
being defined, but that's it.
AFAICS, there's in no place in the perl source that makes purposeful use of
these symbols; hence whether they are defined or not really makes no
difference at all..

Have I missed something ?

Cheers,
Rob