develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

[perl #134028] Stack overflow when local'izing readonly arrays

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
April 23, 2019 10:17
Subject:
[perl #134028] Stack overflow when local'izing readonly arrays
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-28760-1556014656-1384.134028-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:19:56 -0700, tonyc wrote:
> We could fail earlier for the test case by throwing errors in aslice
> and hslice if we're localising a readonly array/slice, but this won't
> help for the more general case since the array/hash might be set
> readonly after the local.

The aslice case turned out to be simple.

The hslice case is not so simple, since at least one test re-ties %- for testing, which doesn't work on a read-only hash.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open