develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

Perl 5.28.2 is now available!

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
April 19, 2019 15:10
Subject:
Perl 5.28.2 is now available!
Message ID:
CADED=K5CF9kV-djLbm4jxnfByowWTXHusNt400n=ZkxwerttaA@mail.gmail.com
  They went to sea in a Sieve, they did,
    In a Sieve they went to sea:
  In spite of all their friends could say,
  On a winter's morn, on a stormy day,
    In a Sieve they went to sea!
  And when the Sieve turned round and round,
  And every one cried, 'You'll all be drowned!'
  They called aloud, 'Our Sieve ain't big,
  But we don't care a button! we don't care a fig!
    In a Sieve we'll go to sea!'
      Far and few, far and few,
        Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
      Their heads are green, and their hands are blue,
         And they went to sea in a Sieve.

  -- Edward Lear, ed. Vivien Noakes, "The Complete Nonsense and Other
     Verse": The Jumblies

We are pleased to announce version 28.2, the second maintenance release
of version 28 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.28.2 from your favourite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

  https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.28.2/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  5457f788372f667bf5a1ba3b05211faf773f024f  perl-5.28.2.tar.gz
  e7be78eca9ac5596783e6abcf957408050a7b650  perl-5.28.2.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.28.2 represents approximately 4 months of development since Perl
5.28.1 and contains approximately 2,500 lines of changes across 75 files
from 13 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 1,200 lines of changes to 29 .pm, .t, .c and .h
files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers.  The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.28.2:

Aaron Crane, Abigail, Andy Dougherty, David Mitchell, Karen Etheridge,
Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Nicolas R., Sawyer X, Steve Hay, Tina
Müller, Tony Cook, Zak B. Elep.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history.  In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core.  We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in
May 2019, with version 31.0 released around the same time.

Steve Hay