develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

[perl #134044] Current perl undefined C behaviors

From:
karl williamson
Date:
April 18, 2019 02:56
Subject:
[perl #134044] Current perl undefined C behaviors
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-20289-1555556161-1142.134044-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  karl williamson
# Please include the string:  [perl #134044]

I ran clang sanitize=undefined on current perl blead.

Attached is a file containing the failures.  It is in the form of a
patch (not intended to be applied) of a typical error message from asan
as a comment preceding the line where the problem occurs in the code.

On #irc, Tony Cook pointed out that probably the integer overflows are
ok due to our use of -fwrapv.

But I'm creating a ticket for it, so ensure more people look.