develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

[perl #134038] ext/POSIX/t/posix.t patch to fix deficiency in testsuite

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
April 16, 2019 23:49
Subject:
[perl #134038] ext/POSIX/t/posix.t patch to fix deficiency in testsuite
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-4241-1555458540-1175.134038-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 12:49:35 GMT, sisyphus359@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> As discussed in recent postings to
> https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=133945, at some time in the last
> few days blead stopped  using Perl_strtod to assign floating point values
> and reverted to the using its buggy atof functionality instead.
>
> There is nothing in the test suite that detects such an occurrence,
> The attached patch to posix.t remedies that by checking that  specific
> 'double', 'long double' and '__float128' values (known to be assigned
> incorrectly by perl's atof routines) are being assigned correctly.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

I created a (local) branch from blead in which I applied this patch.  I then ran make test_harness and the result was FAIL.  The result is puzzling:

#####
$ cd t;./perl harness -v ../ext/POSIX/t/posix.t; cd -

ok 1 - O_RDONLY with open
ok 2 -     with read
not ok 3 -     read to array element # TODO read to array element not working
ok 4
ok 5 - POSIX::pipe
ok 16 - strtod works
not ok 17 - strtod and perl agree

#   Failed test 'strtod and perl agree'
#   at t/posix.t line 180.
#          got: 8.87359152e-06
#     expected: 8.87359152e-06
ok 18 - strtold works
ok 96 - tmpnam advises File::Temp
Failed 1/96 subtests
	(less 2 skipped subtests: 93 okay)

Test Summary Report
../ext/POSIX/t/posix.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 96 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  17
Files=1, Tests=96,  3 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.01 sys +  0.06 cusr  0.01 csys =  0.10 CPU)
Result: FAIL
#####

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)