develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

[perl #133347] BBC SREZIC/Tk-804.034.tar.gz

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
April 16, 2019 03:19
Subject:
[perl #133347] BBC SREZIC/Tk-804.034.tar.gz
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-12461-1555384760-143.133347-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 01:25:03 -0800, slaven@rezic.de wrote:
> Dana Wed, 26 Dec 2018 15:55:55 -0800, public@khwilliamson.com reče:
> > On 12/23/18 2:41 PM, slaven@rezic.de via RT wrote:
> > > Dana Sat, 27 Oct 2018 14:07:01 -0700, slaven@rezic.de reče:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > If the deprecated (but still existing) functions in Tk's encGlue.c
> > > are replaced, then the Out of memory errors do not happen anymore.
> > > These are:
> > > - Perl_is_uni_alpha
> > > - Perl_is_uni_alnum
> > > - Perl_is_uni_space
> > > - Perl_is_uni_upper
> > > - utf8_to_uvchr
> > > - Perl_to_utf8_lower
> > > - Perl_to_utf8_upper
> > >
> > > So it looks like changes in one or more of these functions were
> > > causing the problems.
> >
> > I don't understand what you are replacing them with.
>
> The Perl/Tk test suite fails with Out of memory errors since perl
> 5.29.x. This was not the case with earlier perl versions, and it is
> not the case after the above mentioned functions are not used anymore
> in Perl/Tk's encGlue.c. So it looks to me that there was a change in
> one or more of the mentioned functions which is causing the problems
> in Perl/Tk's test suite.

I tried to update this ticket some time ago, but it didn't take.  Here is the commit message.

commit b7502288af31c8825a7da7573538e6ce58a641c3