develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

[perl #134034] Assertion failure in S_regmatch (regexec.c:6480)

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
April 15, 2019 21:56
Subject:
[perl #134034] Assertion failure in S_regmatch (regexec.c:6480)
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-20137-1555365362-1742.134034-15-0@perl.org
This should be fixed by
commit 8c9c2723eb99e8ecd19594798071d92de79fa67c
 Author: Karl Williamson <khw@cpan.org>
 Date:   Mon Apr 15 15:08:05 2019 -0600

     PATCH: [perl #134034] Assert fail in pattern match

     This turned out to be a general problem in regexec.c.  The function
     regtry() can change the position we are looking at in the target string.
     In particular it can point to just past the end of the string.  Prior
     to this commit, we were assuming that the returned string contained
     valid data in the returned position, and in many places we assumed that
     it was before the end.  This commit fixes that in a bunch of places.
--
Karl Williamson

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open