develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

Re: [perl #133969] REPL

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
April 9, 2019 15:08
Re: [perl #133969] REPL
Message ID:
20190409160236.05beba80@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 18:47:36 -0700
"Steven Penny \(via RT\)" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> # New Ticket Created by  Steven Penny
>

> Perl 5 currently does not have a REPL that I am aware of:

There are many on CPAN; you mention a few, I also created a small one
myself

  https://metacpan.org/pod/App::perlsh

Like Devel::REPL it doesn't work for stdin, but if that was considered
an important enough feature I could consider adding it. Perhaps send me
a feature request bug against that module.

Either way, however, it's hard to see what there is for core perl to
address here. These are issues with CPAN modules, not core perl itself.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans