develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2019

Re: Japanese politics and Perl

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
April 3, 2019 23:29
Re: Japanese politics and Perl
Message ID:
8b615735-db41-05c1-b4ac-a14ba2c2c557@khwilliamson.com
On 3/7/19 8:25 PM, Karen Etheridge wrote:
>> The reason Perl is affected is because the timing of this might
>> otherwise prevent us from shipping 12.1 in Perl 5.30.
>
> Do we need to ship 12.1 in 5.30.0? Can it not be included in 5.30.1,
> which normally happens a month or two after the .0 release?

I don't believe that this fits in our list of things that can be in a
dot release.

Unicode has now issued a draft 12.1, but it won't be finalized until May
7.  But the odds of a change are tiny.  It is smoking at
https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/shortlog/refs/heads/smoke-me/khw-12.1