develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2019

Time for Perl 5.28.2

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
March 31, 2019 09:25
Subject:
Time for Perl 5.28.2
Message ID:
CADED=K7k=VFw6du0osxE6fLe9G+ZtL=y4qwd40XyuCBymPVH2g@mail.gmail.com
With 5.30 slated for May 20th it's high time I got a move on with
getting 5.28.2 out. I apologize for it being later than I originally
intended ("soon after 5.28.1" was my original plan), but I've finally
got round to updating the 5.28 voting file with some likely candidates
for back-porting:

https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/maint-votes:/votes-5.28.xml

If there are other changes meeting the criteria for back-porting (see
https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/perl/pod/perlpolicy.pod#MAINTENANCE-BRANCHES)
that you would like to see in 5.28.2 then feel free to reply on- or
off-list with suggestions.

Committers: Please consider looking through the file (it's currently
agreeably small) and casting votes.

I would like to aim for an April release so as not to interfere with
the 5.30 release in May.