develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2019

[perl #128972] Build failure on OS X 10.12 Sierra

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
March 29, 2019 02:34
Subject:
[perl #128972] Build failure on OS X 10.12 Sierra
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-11550-1553826867-710.128972-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:11:07 -0700, craig.a.berry@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca@macports.org> wrote:
> > On 18 August 2016 at 02:39, Tony Cook via RT wrote:
> >>
> >> This is fixed in blead, it may need a backport to 5.24/5.22.
> >
> > Thank you, I didn't check the git sources.
> >
> > Correction: 5.22 doesn't need that patch. It's only relevant for 5.24.
>
> So does Time::HiRes now use the system clock_gettime() on Sierra?
>
> Has anyone tried building on 10.12 with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET set
> to some lower version in the environment, and then actually run Perl
> (including Time::HiRes) in that older environment?  According to some
> folks on the libcurl list:
>
> <https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2016-09/0051.html>
>
> the new clock_gettime() functionality in Sierra is implemented as a
> weak reference so it will always show up at compile time even if you
> explicitly specify an older deployment target.  The current suggestion
> is to add -Werror=partial-availability to the compiler flags with the
> expectation that it will make configuration checks correctly fail.  I
> don't have Sierra yet so I can't try it.

Craig, can you try it now?
--
Karl Williamson

---