develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2019

Re: [perl #133951] 5.28+ fails to build: miniperl can't locatestrict

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
March 26, 2019 06:19
Re: [perl #133951] 5.28+ fails to build: miniperl can't locatestrict
Message ID:
CALJW-qGLM+4NxVULEDoVvFX-eOSJQCo0NUxQ5Dhbj2rSBuSDig@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 12:11 AM Tony Cook via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 20:53:01 -0700, tonyc wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 17:17:12 -0700, rich@hyphen-dash-hyphen.info
> > wrote:

> > > Same problem in
> > > https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=133787.
> > > Sticking plaster fix to write_buildcustomize.pl seems to be:
> > >
> > > -my $cwd  = Cwd::getcwd();
> > > +my $cwd  = Cwd::getcwd() || Cwd::cwd();
> > >
> > > But (1) a bodge fix is all that is (2) the same issue might be
> > > involved in the as-yet unresolved remaining problems in RT133787 -
> > > and
> > > so later on in your build process too (3) likely other problems
> > > downstream when not running as root.
> >
> > Maybe the attached.
>
> Oops, forgot to commit the version bumps.
>
> Tony

Thank you. This patch does resolve the problem; I can successfully build
and test 5.28 when the patch is applied.

Note that while the patch fixes getcwd, but abs_path is still broken. I
shall address this by making _perl_abs_path a direct port of the C
implementation (falling back to the existing version when Internals::getcwd
isn't available).

  - Eric