develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2019

[perl #133951] 5.28+ fails to build: miniperl can't locate strict

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
March 26, 2019 03:53
Subject:
[perl #133951] 5.28+ fails to build: miniperl can't locate strict
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-15616-1553572381-504.133951-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 17:17:12 -0700, rich@hyphen-dash-hyphen.info wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 7:12 PM Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Confirmed that the call to Cwd::getcwd() in write_buildcustomize.pl
> > returns undef, causing the subsequent calls to miniperl to fail.
>
> Same problem in https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=133787.
> Sticking plaster fix to write_buildcustomize.pl seems to be:
>
> -my $cwd  = Cwd::getcwd();
> +my $cwd  = Cwd::getcwd() || Cwd::cwd();
>
> But (1) a bodge fix is all that is (2) the same issue might be
> involved in the as-yet unresolved remaining problems in RT133787 - and
> so later on in your build process too (3) likely other problems
> downstream when not running as root.

Maybe the attached.

Right now the built-in getcwd() is Internals::getcwd(), which isn't the best namespace to put it in, but I'm not sure where else it should go.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open