develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2019

[perl #133892] Coredump in Perl_re_intuit_start

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
March 23, 2019 04:38
Subject:
[perl #133892] Coredump in Perl_re_intuit_start
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-6999-1553315883-168.133892-15-0@perl.org
This is failing in a part of the engine I don't know anything about.  I think the blamed commit is a red herring, probably it just perturbs things so that this showed up, but there is an underlying bug.  The attached patch intercepts this and avoids the failure, but I don't believe it's the correct thing to do.  I'm hoping someone more familiar with the engine could look at it, if only to give me hints as to how to proceed.

The commit message gives further details
--
Karl Williamson

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new