Perl 5.29.8 has been released.

From:
Nicolas R.
Date:
February 21, 2019 20:48
Subject:
Perl 5.29.8 has been released.
Message ID:
CAKvG0SQJR=tJcvyj==2qoNkMFZVQ8aesmdKBi3Rr+kWHCxCvqg@mail.gmail.com
“Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.”

    -- Isaac Asimov, Foundation

We are delighted to announce version 5.29.8,
the ninth development release of version 29 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.8 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/ATOOMIC/perl-5.29.8/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

 b464d2ef6a93918feab9e8b7222ae20dbb488edb   perl-5.29.8.tar.gz
 8219923f3547a83ae43aca4b5758e90b1fbd97f3   perl-5.29.8.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/ATOOMIC/perl-5.29.8/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.29.8 represents approximately 5 weeks of development since Perl
5.29.7 and contains approximately 13,000 lines of changes across 290 files
from 18 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 9,500 lines of changes to 210 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.29.8:

Abigail, Andreas König, Andy Dougherty, Aristotle Pagaltzis, Chris 'BinGOs'
Williams, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan Kogai, David Mitchell, Jakub Wilk,
James E Keenan, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Nicolas R., Pali, Sawyer
X, Shlomi Fish, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues
to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.29.9 on 2019-03-20.
The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in May
2019.

With appreciation

Nicolas R.