Re: [perl #133737] Build-time failures with PERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT andPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
February 19, 2019 15:57
Re: [perl #133737] Build-time failures with PERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT andPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE
Message ID:
20190219155203.GC14742@iabyn.com
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 11:04:18AM -0800, Jarkko Hietaniemi via RT wrote:
> I still find the config useful as a cleanliness exercise: do we have a
> good enough understanding and tracking of the global data so that we
> can move all of it to heap, making the shared library as "pure" as possible.
> But then  again, as the creator of the feature I am biased.

I've now merged the following branch into blead:

    commit 737b460d4977201e63598daf5cc7d1c00b9fb809
    Author:     David Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com>
    AuthorDate: Tue Feb 19 15:41:03 2019 +0000

    [MERGE] fix PERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT builds

    PERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT and DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE builds haven't been
    smoked for quite a while and the code has bit-rotted. The commits in
    this branch made them build and all test pass again, at least on Linux

It makes all tests pass (at least on Linux). It incorporates all the
changes from Karl's branch apart from:

1) The PL_WARN_ALL/PL_WARN_NONE one,
2) and the

 #    define LC_NUMERIC_LOCK(cond_to_panic_if_already_locked)                \
         CLANG_DIAG_IGNORE(-Wthread-safety)	     	                    \
         STMT_START {                                                        \
+            dVAR;                                                           \

etc one, because neither of these seemed needed on my builds to pass.
I blindly copied the win32.c dVAR additions.

--
The Enterprise's efficient long-range scanners detect a temporal vortex
distortion in good time, allowing it to be safely avoided via a minor