Re: [perl #132474] signature parsing API function

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
February 11, 2019 21:16
Re: [perl #132474] signature parsing API function
Message ID:
20190211211622.5f8c89e7@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 18:45:52 +0000
"Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans" <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> wrote:

> > It is arguable that having such an API function should be a
> > prerequisite for removing experimental status from signatures.
> > However, the other parse_*() functions are still experimental in
> > their own right.
>
> So, what's required to make this exist then? Beyond "sit and wait for
> it", what can I do to assist?

*ping*

Any update on this? It's been a year and a major perl version, with no
progress in sight.

It would be nice to have some way to get signature parsing out of core
perl, because then I could support signatured `async sub`s, as per

Paul "LeoNerd" Evans