Re: RFC: Adding \p{foo=/re/}

From:
Deven T. Corzine
Date:
February 9, 2019 09:29
Re: RFC: Adding \p{foo=/re/}
Message ID:
CAFVdu0Tgr-BMS3vRfO7G-yp-YVXwzrZOuj37Zg6uOi5gS2vwkA@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 4:16 AM Deven T. Corzine <deven@ties.org> wrote:

> Karl, can you enlighten us?  Are you recursing into a subpattern at
> runtime? What do you think of the hypothetical approach I described?

I just read Karl’s description again: “The way it's implemented is a
separate regex is compiled and executed
during the compilation of the outer one.”

I didn’t notice the “and executed” part the first time.  That sounds
exactly like the hypothetical implementation that I described, actually...

Deven