Re: RFC: Adding \p{foo=/re/}

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 9, 2019 04:56
Re: RFC: Adding \p{foo=/re/}
Message ID:
CANgJU+Uh_xM-Vtv69i0rEbStgtwEK3haG=Tw3C0d4ZshsaMzcg@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 at 06:02, Deven T. Corzine <deven@ties.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 2:47 PM Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/5/19 11:27 PM, demerphq wrote:
>> > Fwiw, I don't like it. What happens if the pattern includes capture
>> > brackets, named recursion or eval ? This seems like a way to squeeze
>> > named recursion concepts into the named property functionality without
>> > thinking through the ramifications.
>> >
>> > Yves
>

> Yves, do you still have concerns if the property regular expression is evaluated independently?

Yes I do have concerns. I replied in detail in another email, but to
summarize succinctly, there are many features in the regex engine, how
does this new proposal interact with them? How do we ensure that using
this feature does not result in quadratic performance when an
equivalent pattern using a different feature set would be linear?

Yves